Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 pm 

I just switched from Join Together to Audiobook Builder because OS X Lion dropped support for many of Join Together's features.

I'm now a registered user and have been pleased by how quickly Audiobook Builder creates joined audiobooks.

I'd like to request a few features that would make AB ideal for me:

I list authors by first name, then last, but I sort authors by last name, then first (for example Robert A. Heinlein is how the author's name appears, but it's sorted by Heinlein, Robert A.) Could you add a Sort Name field?

For a series, I put the series name in the iTunes Sort Album field (Cadfael Chronicles 1, for instance) and sort by Sort Album. Then the series stays in order even if it's written by different authors (such as the Jason Bourne series which is authored by Ludlum and then Lustbader). Could you add a Sort Album field?

Finally, I've got AB set to create book parts of 13:30 hours in length, but I'd also like to set the chapter lengths to be approx an hour for each chapter. Is there a way to have both options?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Your idea for incorporating the ability to set a Sort Name and Sort Album tag from Audiobook Builder is a really good one. We may look in to adding that to a future release of the application.

Also, unfortunately, at this time there is no way to set up Chapters of equal length while also building your Audiobook with Parts of equal length. That's something else that we could look in to for the future as well.

Thanks a lot for the great suggestions!

http://www.splasm.com