Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stop between Chapters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm 

With a normal book, I do like how ABB automatically goes on to and plays the next chapter. However, with a book of distinct short stories, I would prefer to have the playback stop after each chapter (i.e. after each short story), as it can be jarring to have an independent short story begin to play automatically right after the last short story finishes. It would be nice if we could somehow tell ABB to stop after each chapter, rather than automatically start to play the next one. Not as the default behavior, but as a special option in the final build settings. Can that be added to ABB?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You could try building your book with the 'Per Chapter' build options. This would create a new file for each chapter in your book. It still my play through automatically because they are still part of the same book (Album), but this would give you the option of only syncing a couple of the short stories and at least give you file breaks between each.

Another option you may try is creating an audio file with a few seconds worth of silence (in an application like Audacity) and keep it around for projects like these. When you have a single short story chapter, drop a copy of the silence file into your project and then drag it into the short story chapter. Make sure you drag it to the end of that chapter so the silence is between that chapter and the next. This will give you an audible space between stories and be a bit less jarring to the brain. Let us know if that helps, or if you come up with a different solution. Thanks!