Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:52 pm 

If I group/join files starting at the top, all of the sections get scrambled and lose their order since then newly joined section gets bumped down.

However, if I join from the bottom up, everything remains in perfect order.

Is there a way to make them stay in order regardless of which direction you start?

These are imported CD's.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We are not currently tracking any issues regarding join order. Would you mind taking a couple screenshots of the behavior.... One before the join with your chapters that you are going to join selected, and then one after the join showing the scrambled order? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 pm 

Things have been extremely busy here with the start of a new school year, so I'm just now getting back to this. I'm attaching 4 separate screen shots. One before and one after the first join and then one before and one after a 2nd join.

After the first join, it gets bumped below all other sections of that CD. This means that I have to move back up the list to find the next sequential section to join. This then gets bumped below the other sections of that CD (but above the previously joined section). Continuing in this fashion means that I have to keep moving around in the lists to get to the next sequential (based on the original CD tracks) section to join. And when I'm finished, I must then rearrange the order of the newly joined sections because they're all in reverse.

(Hopefully these show up correctly. I'm uploading to skitch and using the "image only" code, then using the forums Img code.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:57 pm 

I edited the last post with screenshots. I had inadvertantly posted the 2nd screenshot twice and missed the third screenshot. The post should now show all 4 separate screenshots.

Would really like to fix this problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I see where your issue is occurring. When you join from within an existing chapter, we have create a new chapter and place it below your current chapter. This occurs because we do not know whether or not you want the rest of the existing chapter that you joined from split up or not. We also cannot place a chapter within an existing chapter, so we have to put it under the existing one.

If you intend to split up that whole chapter into individual chapters, I would suggest selecting that chapter and splitting it first. Using your example, select the first 'Loch' chapter and hit the split button. This will create a new chapter for each tracks within the chapter you have selected. You can then select the chapters that you need to join, and hit the join button. This will preserve the order of your tracks without you having to move them around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:05 pm 

Aha!

I never thought of splitting before joining.

From now on, I'll just split all of the disks, then create chapters from that. Thanks a bunch for your help.