Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:14 pm 

I've run Audiobook Builder on a Mac for a long time. When iTunes is running, it names the tracks, without iTunes it just names them "# Audio Track.mp4", with is what I strongly prefer.

My problem is if I make the mistake of inserting a CD to be imported, but I have forgotten I have iTunes running in a different workspace. iTunes seems to remember the CD info and I cannot seem to revert back to the old filenames. I've tried starting over by killing AB-Builder and iTunes, and even rebooting, but the next time I try to import that CD, it still names the track as if iTunes was running (which is isn't).

Where does iTunes cache this information so I can remove it? I've looked high and low, and haven't been able to find it. Any help would be appreciated! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The system actually caches the track information and then iTunes, the Finder, Audiobook Builder, etc. all grab from the system cache. To clear that system cache, click the Finder icon in the Dock, choose 'Go to Folder...' from the Go menu at the top of the screen, then paste the following path into the field (taking care to include the squiggly tilde at the front):

~/Library/Preferences/CD Info.cidb

Hit Go and you'll see "CD Info.cidb" selected and this is the file you'll want to remove to get the generic track names to show again for a CD accessed in iTunes previously. You could alternately rename the file temporarily, if you don't want to completely lose access to other, older track information for some music CDs you've imported, although, that info could always be retrieved again by iTunes.

Also, something to mention is that there's a preference in iTunes for automatically retrieving CD and track information—by turning that off, you wouldn't have to worry about running into the same situation again moving forward. For this, choose 'Preferences...' from the iTunes menu at the top of the screen and then uncheck the 'Automatically retrieve CD track names from Internet' option.

http://www.splasm.com