Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 am 

Hi, thanks for your software it should do just what I need.

I was wonder why when you start a project it copy's the files in to a package then writes out the output file.
This when I start using a lot will leave me with 3 copy's of the same file (Audiobook builder file/original files on hard drive/the new output file). I know I can just delete the Audiobook builder file after but it seems like more steps to really clean up all these files which is why I bought this software.

Can Audiobook builder just make a reference file to the original pieces when importing from iTunes or from a hard drive location.
I understand when importing a cd adding them as is done. Or maybe have another option when starting to not have a project file but a simple stitch and spilt which only makes an output file.

I hope you get what I mean, I look forward to your reply.

<eM>Burr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We copy original audio files into the project file so we don't lose links to the originals. This way project files can be moved, backed up and transferred to other computers and still are able to build an output file.

Removing originals from their origin location after a build is not something we want to add to Audiobook Builder. This is a destructive option and one we do not want to take responsibility for in case a book needs to be rebuilt or otherwise redone.

We do have a request for referencing originals instead of copying them, and will bump it up by 1. It may become a preference so the user can choose to copy or reference. Thanks for the post!